Difficult conversations/Conflict resolution
Most people mishandle difficult conversations - often because they fear conflict. This programme focuses on helping you understand your typical conflict habits, with a view to improving your approach. It teaches the practical skills needed to manage difficult situations.
Resolve that conflict
Conflict is natural part of work dynamics. When managed well, it can be a healthy part of the communication of a group. This programme teaches you how to direct conflict in a constructive direction.
Challenges in managing conflict
- Problems and challenges in your role
- Finding the pluses
- What’s your communication style when in conflict
- The crucial win/win model for approaching conflict
- A hilarious conflict experience and its relevance to your work
The key skills for managing conflict
- Using body language to help the situation
- Active listening - the low-risk, high-value skill
- How to get your message across
- Asking questions constructively
- Giving and receiving feedback
- How to handle difficult conversations
Adding some broader strategies
- Looking for the long term goal
- Looking at things from the other side's view
- Finding and using the common ground
- Altering your own perspective
Plan for putting the skills into action
Downloadthe PDF outline of a typical in-house programme in this area.