Leadership is a crucial skill in the workplace. Our leadership programme will build on your understanding of the key principles of effective leadership and you’ll learn how to leverage your strengths to apply these principles. It shows you practical ways to manage the things that trip you up when you are under pressure.
Find the leader in you
There are as many leadership styles as there are leaders but the most effective leaders have many things in common. This course empowers you with the skills for your leadership success.
Thinking about leadership
What makes an effective leader?
Identify your leadership style
- Build awareness of your leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Learn how to match your style to the situation
Communicating as a leader
- Emotional intelligence is a crucial theme
- Essential communication skills
- Gaining buy-in from the people you lead
Leading the team
- What kind of leader does the team need?
- How to develop good relationships
- Leading through mentoring and coaching
- Ways to resolve differences
- Dealing with difficult people
- Thinking strategically
- Using negotiation
- Reducing resistance to change
- Motivating yourself and in the team
Developing your leadership
- Achieving recognition
- Gaining support and engagement from the team
- Where to from here?
Downloadthe PDF outline of a typical in-house programme in this area.