Leading effective meetings, plus how to participate more effectively
Most meetings waste too much time in ways that are predictable and largely avoidable. This programme focuses on practical ways to cut down on time wastage and increase the success of your meetings. While aimed mainly at the meeting leader, the programme includes skills for participants to help them speak up and keep the meeting on track.
Communicate also provides training in facilitation skills to help you lead effective meetings.
Meetings that work
Meeting are a vital component of work. Successful meetings save time and create productive outcomes. This programme coaches you in very practical techniques to increase the chances of successful long and short-term results.
Problems in meetings
- The very common and avoidable problems of most meetings
- Your unique challenges in managing meetings
Planning more productive meetings
- Ways to reduce the amount of time spent in meetings
- How to get the purpose clear
- Getting the right people, time and meeting type
- Planning an effective agenda
- Doing the groundwork to save time and hassle
- Useful ground rules for meetings
Leading the meeting
- Opening to orient the group
- Keeping tabs on both the tasks and the process
- Concluding an agenda item and beginning the next
- Ending effectively
- Ways to keep the notes
- Improving decision making
- Processes for handling conflict
- The all-important follow-up
Facilitating good communication
- How to use a facilitative approach
- Assertive listening – the key to Effective Leadership
- Questioning skills to keep the meeting on track
- How to get your message across
- Using non-verbal communication
Downloadthe PDF outline of a typical in-house programme in this area.
- Difficult conversations/Conflict resolution
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Service
- Individual communication style: the DiSC Behavioural style inventory
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Relationship management
- Managing pressure
- Leading effective meetings, plus how to participate more effectively
Need More Help?
If you can't find the right solution here, click here to see our solutions menu or email us below and we will contact you. We are happy to talk with you on a no obligation basis. If we can't provide a solution, we usually know who can.
"Participants on our courses have always rated Communicate Consultants very highly for the relevance of the content of their sessions and the professional way in which they carry out their work. Their sessions are lively and effective and a highlight of our programs."